POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Minimum Entry Requirements : Re: Minimum Entry Requirements Server Time
1 Jun 2024 10:29:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Minimum Entry Requirements
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 17 Jun 2009 18:24:20
Message: <4a396d14$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:

> Now my personal sentiments are more aligned with Warp's.  There is an
> intuitive purity to drawing the line at single-pass rendering with a ray
> tracer, using the ray tracer only, with no post-processing.

Despite everything I posted to the contrary, I fully agree
with that. But I think that's the viewpoint of us people drawn
in from the technical side. If I wanted to make a great digital
image I would buy a camera ;) the fascinating part for me is
that you get results from some code snippets. But it would
just hamper the artists.

Maybe the IRTC should allow tagging a submission as "purist".
That would be restricted to images created using an officially
released version of a raytracer, using pure code, no modeller,
no external data files, no image maps, no multipass renders, and
of course absolutely no post-processing except jpg conversion.
Source code would be mandatory for purist images and the highest
ranking purist image gets an honorable mention ;)